Just a quick one here for the Hanson Village Shops . . .
Some of you might want windows on the sides of your shops but don’t want to cut holes for see-through windows. Here’s a way you can create the look of a window without any further cutting!
- Print and cut out a window from the printable ones from a shop kit. Don’t cut the white areas out from inside the window frame.
- Attach window to chipboard and cut away the excess chipboard. Distress the chipboard edges.
- Cut a square of chipboard a tad, just a hair, smaller than the window then cut it in half, creating two shutters.
- Paint the shutters and attach them on top of the window as if they were closed.
- Add tiny handles if you like.
- You can make fancier shutters if you want using the “cutting a groove” method shown in the Tea Shop tutorial.