I’ve truly fallen in love with the SVG files for cardstock shadowbox frames found online. Quick to cut and assemble with the help of a cutting machine. They make great holiday decorations and unique gifts for friends and family. Grab some and see what you can whip up!
Materials . . .
- One Sheet Box Frame from The Gentleman Crafter
- Cricut Cardstock – Red
- Cricut Cardstock – White
- Cricut Metallic Poster Board – Silver
- Ribbon and two small pinecones
- Cuttlebug embossing folder: Holly Berry Swirls from Anna Griffin
- Close to My Heart pigment-based ink: White Daisy
- JOY #M41DC4 image from Cricut Design Space
The box/frame for this little cutie is actually cut on one sheet of 12×12 cardstock. I’ve added two extra parts: a 7″ square back piec and 4-1/2″ square center piece (embossed), to finish off the project.
- Cut the main box/frame piece and assemble with tacky quick grab glue.
- Cut the 7″ square back piece and glue onto the back of the frame.
- Cut the 4-1/2″ square inner piece and emboss it. Lightly rub the embossed area with the white ink pad and let dry.
- Cut the JOY word, back layer on silver metallic poster board, front layer on white cardstock, using the file listed above under materials,
- Glue the embossed piece inside the frame, glue the white JOY to the silver back layer then use pop dots to add the word to the center of the frame as seen in the photo.
- Add ribbon and any decorations you want.
And here’s an idea …. make three or more adding a single letter to each frame to spell out a holiday greeting!
All Content and Images
© 2010-2017 Teri Hanson / The Covered Chipboard
All rights reserved.