This fun and easy project can be altered in many ways to suit your specific needs. You can make several in decreasing sizes and stack them then tie them together in a stack for gift giving. Use plain chipboard and cover it with a pretty patterned paper for a different look. Add a spring ring attachment inside to create a photo album or recipe book. No matter what materials you use, the construction is the same and simple enough for beginners.
Our SVG files work in both Cricut Design Space and Silhouette Studio
PDF Tutorial file included inside download folder
Materials . . .
- Cricut Damask Chipboard (1 pack or 2 packs if you want matching covers. You will also use the solid piece of chipboard in the pack.
- Cricut White Kraft Board
- Cricut Brown Kraft Board
- White Acrylic paint – Optional if you want to simply white wash the spines and leave them – be sure to spray with sealer!
- Vintage Photo Distressing Ink
- Glue and Score tape (double sided tape)
- Cricut Faux Suede – 2 sheets *
- * OR Patterned Paper in place of the faux suede
- Prima Marketing Hardware Metal Knobs
NOTICE: If you choose to use the Cricut Faux Suede you will need the Cricut Maker Rotary Blade for cutting. For the Cricut Chipboard you will need the Cricut Maker Knife Blade. On other Cricut machines I suggest a patterned paper and the Graffix Medium Weight Chipboard with the deep cut blade.