The Study of Texture Blanket from Yarnspirations
You might look at this blanket and think …. no way I can do that but let me tell you YES you can! With step-by-step videos you will be stitching along like crazy. There is also a written tutorial available if you prefer reading patterns.
I’ve added the first YouTube video below to get you started but take a look at my tips below before you get started . . .
My Materials . . .
- Bernat POP – Foggy Notion
- 5.5 mm crochet hook
Tips . . .
- Above anything else …. COUNT and count again! Incorrect stitch count can totally mess this project up!! I can’t stress this enough.
- Use stitch markers as needed – traveling chains can be hidden as well as starting stitches.
- Pay close attention as to when traveling chains are counted or not counted.
- Keep your tension loose and do make a gauge swatch. If you are a tight stitcher you might want to go up a hook size. Tight tension will mess up the project in the way it will lay!!!
- Keep paper and a pen by you while working and using the video. Write down the corner stitches as they change often.
- Grab the written tutorial even if you are using the video to work by. You can use this for stitch count on rows as they are not given in the video. I found the stitch count absolutely necessary!!!
Changes . . .
When I reached the row of popcorn stitches I found them to be to large for my taste. I’ve altered them from 5 DC stitches to 3 in the popcorn itself. You still get a popcorn but just a bit smaller.
So give this a try and let me know how you like it! I’ll be updating this post as I progress and will add any other tips or ideas I have along the way.
Best of luck and enjoy . . .