I finally found time to get back to this pillow project with instructions for the backing.
Materials . . .
- Impeccable Dark Forest yarn
- 4mm hook
- 18×18 inch pillow form
Pattern . . .
- R1 – work 59 FHDC stitches, turn, CH2
- R2 – work 59 HDC stitches, one in each stitch across the row, turn, CH2
- R3 – repeat R2, turn, CH3
- R4 – chain 3 counts as first DC, work a DC in second stitch and each stitch across the row, turn, CH3
- R5 – repeat R4, turn CH2
- R6 – repeat R2, turn CH3
- alternate two rows of DC with one row of HDC till you have worked enough rows to make a square that is approx. 18”.
Finishing . . .
Place the front and back sides together – wrong sides together – and using a SC, stitch three sides together. Insert the pillow form and stitch the last side together with SC stitches.
Work a second row of SC stitches around the edges of the pillow. At the end slip stitch into the first SC and CH1.
Now you will work a simple shell stitch border. Use the video below for reference on working the stitch.
And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the project and that you make many other pillows as well as flower squares.