To kick off my new “Craft Along” series I’ve created a fun Haunted House miniature project using the new Cricut Maker machine with Cricut Heavy Chipboard and other materials. With the recent release of the Knife Blade for the Cricut Maker and their own Chipboard material, I knew this would be the focus of my new crafting series.
Let me start by saying that this project is adaptable to the end user and can be as simple or involved as you want it to be. For a simple project just cut, construct and decorate only the exterior of the house. For a more involved project, as a miniaturist would, decorate both the inside and outside. You will find instructions for both options below. These will be shown as “simple” or “full” construction in directions.
Detailed instructions for construction are posted on my blog HERE (also included in download)
Finished size: 11.75″ high, 9″ deep, 12.5″ wide You can easily size the project as you like.
NOTE: SOME FINAL DECORATION ELEMENTS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS FILE – THESE ARE CRICUT DESIGN SPACE FILES. If interested and if you have Cricut Access you can find the images for your own use.
SVG, SNC (scan n cut) and DXF cutting files are included in the download. Download what you need or both.
Materials needed . . . (additional materials will be listed in future posts as needed)
- Cricut Maker machine with knife blade – NOTE: you can use an earlier Cricut machine with a medium weight chipboard but understand that you might have to make some slight adjustments along the way due to the thinner material. You will also need to watch my first video on Part 2 to learn about creating a special cut setting for the medium weight chipboard.
- Cricut Heavy Chipboard (7 sheets)
- Cricut Pen – any size or color is fine
- Aleene’s Fast Grab or Quick Dry Tacky Glue
- Score Tape – or – double sided tape (1/4″ wide)
- Grafix .007 Clear Plastic – optional (black cardstock can be used instead)
- Grafix 0.20 Clear Plastic for those creating the miniaturist version where the inside is to be finished
- Cricut Corrugated Cardboard for optional siding use (3 sheets white)
- Cricut Kraft Board – grey, black or white
- Black medium weight chipboard